RIACDA and the PC Student ACDA chapter/ PC Choirs presents
a Winter Choral Workshop
- When: Tuesday Jan. 26th from 6:30-9:00 pm
- Where: Providence College – Smith Center for the Arts
- Cost: Free for ACDA members, $30 for non-members
(check payable to RIACDA at door)
T.J. Harper is Associate Professor of Music and the Director of Choral Activities & Music Education at Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island. He is the 2014-2015 Professor of the Year and recipient of the Joseph R. Accinno Teaching Award. He conducts the college’s three choral ensembles: I Cantori, Concert Chorale and the Oriana Women’s Choir. He teaches courses in Conducting, Secondary Choral Methods, Applied Conducting, and Applied Voice.
- Session: The Path to Choral Performance Excellence: How developing the inner ear can improve balance and blend within our ensembles towards greater beauty in the choral performance.
George Kent founded the chorus Chorus of Westerly in 1959 and works as a Professor of Music at the University of Rhode Island. He has made a number of recordings with Edward Tarr, trumpet virtuoso, and has toured and lectured in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. Mr. Kent has received numerous awards. In 1999 he was recognized by Choral Arts New England with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Session: Proper Tone for Varied Repertoire: How to improve overall performance by adjusting tone quality based upon performance repertoire.
There will also be a reading session after the presentations.
I hope to see you all there!