RIMEA All-State Chorus audition preparation clinics
Pilgrim High School Wednesday, October 24th 7pm
The WARWICK SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, in partnership with the UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA & CONCERT CHOIR, invites singers from across RHODE ISLAND to participate in a multi-generational collaborative performance of selected movements from Mendelssohn’s ELIJAH
Spring Workshop, April 28th
Please join us for another exciting day of learning and sharing on Saturday, April 28th!
Meet in the Middle 2017
* View photos from the rehearsals here
Oct. 21st, 2017 at Providence College
Both choral directors and students can join us for an exciting
In-Service clinic and an All-State Chorus preparation clinic!
For choral directors, there will be with presentations on:
- Embracing Diversity through Choral Repertoire
by Dr. Stephen Paparo
- EŌ Choral Music of the Hawaiian Islands
by Dr. Miguel Angel Felipe
And for students, there will be a:
- Rhode Island Sr. All-State Chorus Preparation Clinic
Jan. 27th, 2018 at Rhode Island College
Save the date for our Winter workshop, with a presentation on:
- The Art and Science of Stress Management for Conductors
by Amelia and Emily Nagoski
Meet in the Middle Project
Round two – we are working on finding grant money to keep the project going.
Congratulations to the students and teachers who participated in the RI_ACDA Choral Festivals this spring. Choral music is alive and well in our RI schools!
A special thank you to JoAnn Phillips, Derek Sabatini and Donna O’Brien for managing the three events.
There will be a RI_ACDA Wine and Rep night in June. Date and time are TBA. Bring a bottle of wine, relax and sing through some new and maybe familiar repertoire together.
Thank you all for your continued support of RI_ACDA and choral music throughout Rhode Island.
View our Workshop Archive for an idea of what we offer to our members!
Hello everyone, I hope your summer is going well. I am excited for another year of RI-ACDA events and would like to have a more formal process for the board this year. Please see our Leadership page here for our list of officers for the 2015-17 term.
As of right now, I feel that these are the roles that best serve our RI community. If we should see the need for more sub categories, I am very willing to ask more people to participate on the board.
- Reach out to inner city choirs by connecting them with college students studying to be conductors/teachers, giving both a chance to learn from each other.
- CONTINUE the workshops offered throughout the year.
Our first workshop is scheduled for Sept. 24th, with Dr. Lisa Graham giving a presentation. Jeff Kerr and Susan Hodgins will also present.
- The first ever RI ACDA HS Honor Choir performance with the University of Rhode Island Chorus and Warwick Symphony Orchestra.
- A Community Choir/Church Choir event – TBD
That is all for now! I look forward to working with you all and thank you for your dedication to choral music in RI
Regina McAdam, President
RIACDA Choral Festivals
Open to all RIMEA and RIACDA members
$175.00 fee per group
This fee includes adjudication, clinic, CD and award plaque
* RIACDA members will be refunded $25 per group at the festival
ALL RIACDA members are welcome to attend. Come see and hear some fantastic choirs from all over Rhode Island.
- High School Choral Festival – March 29th-30th
- Middle School Choral Festival – April 11th -12th
- Elementary School Choral Festival – April 28th -29th